Click the links below to discover employee resources to support your well-being during these unique times:
- Employee Assistance Program: REALiving is available 24/7 to help support emotional needs. You can also sign up for their COVID-19 newsletters by going to their website. 1-877-256-9302
- Free Fitness At Home: Find ways to workout for free from home with these links. Additionally, Beachbody among other companies, are offering longer free trials during COVID-19.
- Soothe your nervous system with breathing
- 20 minute yoga for anxiety practice
- Body scan meditation
- Another way to think about “stress”
- Talking with kids about COVID-19
- Guided meditations during these times
- Meditations for self compassion
- From The Happiness Lab:
- Sanvello: An app for stress, anxiety, and depression based on cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, and wellness.
- Supporting families during COVID-19
- If you’re feeling anxious, you can take a look at virusanxiety.com for specific support.
Mindful.org has great resources on mindfulness.
Try the Google Chrome extension “Breathe” to make yourself take a break to breathe. Set the extension as often and for as long as you’d like your break to be.
OPRAH interviewing Eckhart Tolle about the stream of consciousness in our mind: (until 3:09)
Guided Body Scan Resource
Read more about Loving-kindness meditation philosophy.
A video on youtube with an example of a Loving-kindness meditation.
Heard about CSA but have no idea what it’s all about? Learn more here.
- MCPASD Movement in Classrooms Resource Folder.
- Brain breaks specifically for testing are on the bottom of this page.
- If you don’t want to lead your own breaks, Go Noodle can be used (FREE) and just projected for students to follow along with.
- The “Jammin’ Minute” also has videos for students to follow along with.
- Do a YouTube search for “classroom breaks” or “brain breaks” or “me moves”.
- See this website (the password is “Snowball”) for videos of brain break activities.
Here are some apps you may try to improve your wellness:
Stop, Breathe, and Think: With this app, you can develop and apply kindness and compassion in your daily life through a process called STOP, BREATHE & THINK.
Mindfulness Training: Start your journey to a more relaxed and healthier state of mind with The Mindfulness App. Whether you are just starting out or experienced in meditation, The Mindfulness App will help you to become more present in your daily life.