MCPASD Fitness Centers are currently closed. They will be re-opened for employee use mid-September 2020. More information will be available upon re-opening. Thank you for your patience as we work to keep safety our top priority.
This information is specific for Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, Village of Cross Plains and City of Middleton employees. If you’re looking to participate in our classes as a community member, please click here.
Fitness Classes I Yoga Classes I Fitness Center I Other Opportunities
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be offering any fitness classes in our MCPASD buildings this year. Instead, we have put together a guide of local businesses that have virtual and in-person offerings for you. To learn more, click here to see the guide.
Additionally, for the businesses that have provided it to us, we have put some of the virtual fitness class offerings into our MCPASD Wellness Google Calendar. Details for the classes, links to access them and information on payment/donations can be found in the description of these events created in the calendar.
We are thrilled to offer Yoga with highly qualified and heart-led teachers for gentle flow classes that are intended for all levels from beginners to practitioners.
All yoga classes are free to MCPASD employees and will be available via Zoom to participate in.
Yoga classes will begin the week of September 14, 2020. The detailed schedule will be released soon.
MCPASD FITNESS CENTERS
Free Fitness Center Access
Fitness centers in the district (KMS, GCMS, MHS) are available to staff and their spouses who complete the Public School Works training, return the liability form and follow the rules (including the buddy rule). For the most part, the middle schools are available before and after school except when a wellness class is using the space. The schedule for MHS changes regularly. Key fob readers have been installed to make emergency situations more accessible.
To access one of our three district fitness centers, you must complete the following:
1. TAKE THE PUBLIC SCHOOL WORKS TRAINING: To access the training, log into Public School Works (click here). Click on “Available Courses” under “menu” and find “MCPASD Fitness Center Tutorial”. The training will take you through some safety protocols that will need to be followed in order for use of these facilities. This training is mandatory to complete before use of any of the fitness centers for safety and liability purposes.
2. ANY NON-EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THE LIABILITY FORM (employees electronically sign this form in the Public School Works training): Here’s the liability form for significant others to use the fitness centers with an employee. Please fill it out and send it to Kalise Horst at the DSC.
3. FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PROTOCOLS: Anyone using the fitness centers must follow all of the safety protocols as outlined in the Public School Works training. Anyone not in compliance with the rules will have their privilege of using the fitness centers revoked.
Please take a look at the following reminders as well:
- Alarm alert– KMS and GCMS are armed from 12:30 a.m. until 5:30 a.m. M-F and 10:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please plan to use those centers outside of those hours unless you have the process for disarming the building.
- Do not enter the facilities, or buildings, if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- There must be at least one other person in the room with you at all times while working out. If you’d like your significant other to join you, please make sure they fill out the liability form and get it to Kalise Horst.
- Please follow all cleaning procedures including wiping down any equipment you use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Put equipment away when you are done using the facility. This IS a classroom and the teachers do not want to spend their time cleaning up after you, as you wouldn’t want to clean up after those using your space as well.
- If a PE class will be using the facility when you’d like to, please be sure to ask BEFORE using it, so there isn’t a distraction to the class.
- MCPASD Area Trails: We’d like to give a HUGE shout out to Kristin Davis from the Whole-Being Team for putting this trail guide together. Each area trail is identified as walking, biking, or both and includes a google map pin drop and a link to the trails map.
- Village of Cross Plains Parks and Recreation Department website
- City of Middleton Parks and Recreation Department websites
- Free Fitness At Home: Find ways to workout for free from home with these links.
- 20 minute yoga for anxiety practice
- Two 23 Seated Exercises for work or school
- Ten exercises to get you started on an at-home workout