Family Wellness Events
To sign up for the Color Run on Saturday, April 27 at 9:00 a.m., please complete this sign up form. Additional information will be sent to participants who sign up prior to the event. You may also follow the event on Facebook through the MCPASD Family Wellness page.
Join the Walking Wolves Walking School Bus!
What is a Walking School Bus?
A Walking School Bus (WSB) is a fun, safe and active way for children to travel to and from school with adult supervision.
The Walking School Bus will begin Wednesday, April 10 and continue on Wednesday’s through the end of the school year.
To be on the contact list in case of inclement weather or emergencies, please download the Remind App and join our group “wwolves“.
We’re excited to welcome the community into our yoga and fitness classes!
Please find a list of classes and descriptions below.
To attend classes, please complete the following steps:
1. Create an account in FeePay. If you have a child in the district, you probably already have an account. If you need to create an account, please find instructions here.
2. Once you have an account, or if you already have an account, log in to FeePay.
3. Under “Activities/Transportation”, find “WELLNESS PASS 10 PUNCH CARD COMMUNITY MEMBERS ” and add it to your cart.
4. Go to checkout and follow all the prompts.
5. Attend the first class, as you will indicate when you sign up, and your instructor will have your pass ready for you to use. Have fun!
Fitness Classes– **Feel free to drop in and out as needed for these classes- Any length of time will be of benefit to you.
- Tuesdays- WERQ @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:15
- Wednesdays- Themed Boot camp with kids @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:00
- Thursdays- Zumba @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:15
- Thursdays- Cardio/Strength @ GCMS Fitness Center on Thursdays from 3:50-4:50 pm
- Tuesdays- Elm Lawn (gym) 3:15-4:15, GCMS (fitness center) 4-4:45; MHS (art gallery) 4:15-5:15
- Wednesdays- Northside (Music Room) 3-4, Park (room 101) 3:15-4:15, West Middleton (LMC) 3:15-4:15, KMS (510 unless otherwise specified in google calendar) 4:15-5:15
- Thursdays- Sunset Ridge (Music Room) 3:15-4:15
Themed Boot Camp w/Kids: Music is paired with cardio and strength exercises for a motivating workout. There is always a “transition” song which is the rest period and is always reflective of the theme– Halloween, old skool hip hop, 90s, etc. For parents who want to exercise but run into childcare issues, or those who want to spend more time with their kids, this class is for you. Bring your child(ren) with to participate along side you. Of course, you are still welcome to attend if you aren’t bringing a child with.
WERQ is the fiercely fun dance fitness class based on pop, rock, and hip hop music. The warm up previews the dance steps in class and the cool down combines yoga-inspired static stretching and balance poses.
ZUMBA® is a fusion of Latin and International music / dance themes that create a dynamic, exciting, and based on the principle that a workout should be “FUN AND EASY TO DO.” The routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.
Cardio/Strength: Pop into this class and find a workout that includes some cardio and strength training with a motivational instructor to help you get a solid workout in. In this class, you’ll use a variety of equipment (and no equipment) and could replicate the workouts at home on off-days.
Yoga: We are thrilled to offer Yoga to you as part of the OH YEAH movement of our Rest, Eat, Move program — bringing opportunities to explore mindful practices. Join our highly qualified and heart-led teachers for gentle flow classes that are intended for all levels from beginners to practitioners. Bring your mat with you if you have one that can be used. We are grateful to Bliss Flow Yoga for providing us with so many instructors!
We’re very grateful for Willy Street Co-op for sponsoring our Family Fun Day events this year to make them free to all families. Click on their logo on the right to check out their website.