For learning opportunity information, please scroll down.
$25 for unlimited access to any of the below listed offerings in the district during the fall session (expiration date: April 13)
$60 for a 10-class punch card for access to any fitness and yoga classes in the district during the entire 2018-19 school year session (expiration date: June 1, 2019)
MCPASD employees will need to use FeePay for wellness pass purchases and City/Village employees can send or drop off a check to Jane Hinrichs at the District Services Center (specific instructions are in the sign-up sheet).
Spring Session Wellness Offerings- Times and Descriptions
Session runs February 25-April 12 (no class the week of March 25)
Fitness Classes– **Feel free to drop in and out as needed for these classes- Any length of time will be of benefit to you.
- Tuesdays- WERQ @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:15
- Wednesdays- Themed Boot camp with kids @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:00
- Thursdays- Zumba @ KMS Fitness Center, 4:15-5:15
- Thursdays- Cardio/Strength @ GCMS Fitness Center on Thursdays from 3:50-4:50 pm
- Tuesdays- Elm Lawn (gym) 3:15-4:15, GCMS (fitness center) 4-4:45; MHS (art gallery) 4:15-5:15
- Wednesdays- Northside (Music Room) 3-4, Park (room 101) 3:15-4:15, West Middleton (LMC) 3:15-4:15, KMS (510 unless otherwise specified in google calendar) 4:15-5:15
- Thursdays- Sunset Ridge (Music Room) 3:15-4:15
- Fitness Center use is welcome at KMS, GCMS and MHS for all MCPASD staff and spouses after the Public School Works training has been completed.
- Middleton Morning Mayhem @ MHS on Monday/Wednesday/Fridays from 6-7:00 a.m. (by donation- NO wellness class card needed)
- MHS Pool @ MHS during open swim times (NO fee for MCPASD Staff- show ID). See the calendar for open swim times here.
Themed Bootcamp Fun & Games with kids: Music is paired with cardio and strength exercises for a motivating workout. There is always a “transition” song which is the rest period and gives time to prepare for the next activity. The transition song is always reflective of the theme– Halloween, thanksgiving, winter holiday, old skool hip hop, 90s, etc. For parents who want to exercise but run into childcare issues, or those who want to spend more time with their kids while getting their movement in, this class is for you. Bring your child(ren) with from 4:15-5:00 to participate along side you in this fun class. You are still welcome to attend even if you aren’t bringing a child with, please understand that kiddos will be running around having fun with us.
WERQ: WERQ is the fiercely fun dance fitness class based on pop, rock, and hip hop music. The warm up previews the dance steps in class and the cool down combines yoga-inspired static stretching and balance poses. WERQ is taught by Certified Fitness Professionals, so the WERQout is safe and effective. Take a look at their website here.
Zumba: ZUMBA® is a fusion of Latin and International music / dance themes that create a dynamic, exciting, and based on the principle that a workout should be “FUN AND EASY TO DO.” The routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. Check out their website for more info.
Cardio/Strength: Pop into this class and find a workout that includes some cardio and strength training with a motivational instructor to help you get a solid workout in, no matter the length of time you have. Through this class, explore the GCMS fitness center using a variety of equipment (and no equipment) to get more comfortable with the space and exercises to perform. The fitness center is available for staff to use on their own time as well, so this is a great way to become more familiar.
Yoga: We are thrilled to offer Yoga to you as part of the OM YEAH movement of our Rest, Eat, Move program — bringing MCPASD Staff opportunities to explore mindful practices. Join our highly qualified and heart-led teachers for gentle flow classes that are intended for all levels from beginners to practitioners. Bring your mat with you if you have one or we do have a supply at each location that can be used. We are grateful to Bliss Flow Yoga for providing us with so many instructors!
18-19 Fitness Session Dates
Session V: April 22-May 31
Click here to learn more about Middleton Morning Mayhem for EVERYBODY on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:00-7:00 a.m.
Here’s the liability form for significant others to use the fitness centers with an employee. Please fill it out and send it to Jane Hinrichs at the DSC.
- Alarm alert– KMS and GCMS are armed from 12:30 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. M-F and 11:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please plan to use those centers outside of those hours unless you have the process for disarming the building.
- Put equipment away when you are done using the facility. This IS a classroom and the teachers do not want to spend their time cleaning up after you, as you wouldn’t want to clean up after those using your space as well.
- If a PE class will be using the facility when you’d like to, please be sure to ask BEFORE using it, so there isn’t a distraction to the class.
- If you’d like your spouse to join you, please make sure they fill out the liability form and get it to Jane Hinrichs. It can also be found on the wellness website.