We offer opportunities for you to learn and grow personally and professionally in Middleton. In addition to the comprehensive mindfulness and racial justice training (Awakened Justice) every designated PD day during the wellness hour, you have the option to take a class to enhance your skills as a mindful educator/leader.
- Let the Kids Lead (learning how to empower students to lead class practices),
- Mindful Movement for the Classroom (Yoga for Kids 4K-Grade 6), and
- Sessions to support your personal practices including yoga and meditation training. See our district wellness website and communications for more information or inquire under “Connect.”
Other related work in progress:
- Restorative practices and transforming culture to create mindful classrooms where all feel they belong
- Yoga in classrooms
- Classroom practices for breathing and attention training
- Tracking heart rate variability and biofeedback of staff
- Yoga for staff
- Yoga and meditation training for athletes
- Mindfulness-based EQ training for staff, leadership, and families
- Mindfulness in the 9th grade (health) curriculum
- Regular guided meditation practices for staff
- Reset rooms equipped for practice space.